Fuss-free cheesecake is only a few simple steps away with this recipe for Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars!
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve indulged in the bar form of everyone’s favorite sweet and tangy cheese-turned-cake creation. But this recipe takes “easy” to a whole new level when it comes to whipping up these bad boys from scratch.
It’s exactly everything you want of the classic dessert, sans the stress of a water bath, the potential of a cracked top, and fussing and fretting over texture that commonly accompanies making a stellar cheesecake.
We’re talking a 2-ingredient graham cracker crust that bakes up moist yet with just enough crunch. And on top? Allow this next photo to do all of the talking…
Creamy, creamy, creamy cheesecake filling! Six simple ingredients blended together into a slightly lemony yet definitely vanilla-y mixture that’s baked and then chilled to cheesecake perfection.
Best of all? These bars can be made a day in advance, stored in the fridge, and then sliced and topped when you’re ready to serve them. Opt for a dollop of whipped cream, a spoonful of fresh fruit, or a drizzle of caramel or chocolate. Sweet success indeed!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil then grease it with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed graham crackers and melted butter. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and press it firmly into an even layer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition, then pour the cheesecake mixture atop the crust, spreading it into an even layer.
- Bake the cheesecake for 20 to 25 minutes until the center is almost set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let them cool completely before covering the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerating the cheesecake for 3 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, slice it into bars and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe adapted from Philadelphia Cream Cheese.