Skip the mess and grab a spoon for the best recipe for Elote Corn Salad made with fresh or frozen corn.
How do you prefer eating corn?
- A. On the cob
- B. Off the cob
As simple as the question may seem, we really do have a second tier of questioning to undergo for all those in the “A” camp.
Do you eat it in a circle going round and round? Do you eat it from side to side like a typewriter? Do you eat it randomly from place to place based on where the butter is most plentiful? I have so many questions!
If it was up to me, we wouldn’t ever mess with the cob, save the few seconds it takes to shave the corn off of it. My family, and especially my husband, are strictly off-the-cob folks.
This Elote Corn Salad is for all the off-the-cob lovers out there. It can be made with fresh or frozen corn, and aside from the star ingredient, really only requires a few additional items. It’s tangy, smoky, creamy and perfect for serving as a side salad or a taco/chicken/steak topping. Minimum mess, maximum flavor and no floss required!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 ears corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Cook the corn on a grill or grill pan then use a sharp knife to slice off the kernels.
- Add the kernels and diced onion to a large bowl, and while it is still warm, stir in the butter, sour cream, lime juice, smoke paprika, cumin, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Taste and season the salad with additional salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
Super easy to make. Taste is amazing!!
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe, Megan!
See More Comments