Whip up a family-friendly take on the Mexican favorite with this quick, easy recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas!
There’s nothing I love more than an easy, breezy one-pan meal, and that’s where my sheet pans really pull their weight. My latest fast, family-friendly dinner recipe to enter our weekly rotation comes in the form of Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, complete with a rainbow of veggies.
How to Make Chicken Fajita Seasoning
Don’t get me wrong, I love the ease (and salty heat) of taco seasoning from a store-bought packet. But I knew I wanted to dial up the flavors for these family-friendly chicken fajitas to suit everyone’s taste … without all that extra sodium.
The key to any great fajita seasoning is ground cumin, while oregano and chili pepper add even more dimension and color to this mix. Once you’ve combined your spices, sprinkle them liberally over your chicken and vegetables. You just might find yourself never looking at pre-made spice mixes again!
How to Make Chicken Fajitas In the Oven
The set up for this recipe really couldn’t be simpler. After you slice up chicken breasts, a rainbow of bell peppers and red onions, you toss them all together with homemade taco seasoning. Once you transfer the mixture onto a sheet tray, you can let the oven do the rest of the work, leaving plenty of time to kick back (and maybe even mix up an Orange and Mango Margarita).
The Best Chicken Fajita Toppings
Top these fajitas with your favorite store-bought or homemade guacamole, salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese. I love finishing them off with Cotija cheese crumbles and quick-pickled red onions for a bit of spice and bite.
If you’re looking to complete your Mexican feast, don’t forget Peach Sangria Popsicles for a beverage that doubles as a dessert. Want an even sweeter finale? Try my Easy Homemade Churros with Chocolate Sauce, too!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Tortillas, guacamole, salsa and cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch strips and add them to a medium bowl. Cut the peppers and onions into 1/2-inch strips then add them to a second medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, paprika, chili powder, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on the chicken then sprinkle with half the seasoning and toss to combine. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on the vegetables then sprinkle with the remaining seasoning and toss to combine.
- Divide the chicken and vegetables among the sheet trays. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve the fajitas with tortillas and your choice of toppings, such as guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.