My arsenal of baking sheets is getting a break from all things sweet (hello, cookies and breakfast pastries!) and tackling the latest and fastest family-friendly dinner recipe to enter our weekly rotation: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas!
The setup on this one couldn’t be simpler: Slice up chicken breasts, a rainbow of bell peppers and red onions (totally optional), toss them all together with a quick-fix homemade taco seasoning, then transfer the mixture onto a sheet tray and let the oven do the work.
This recipe is right up my alley when it comes to my current time allotment for making dinner during the week. A 1-year-old toddling around the house and trying to climb every furniture item without the slightest bit of hesitation translates to not a whole lot of time in the dinner prep department.
The chicken-pepper-onion mixture can be prepped in advance and stored in the fridge for make-ahead gloriousness. Then all that’s left to do is pop it into the oven and gather your serving accompaniments of choice for a fast, fresh sheet pan chicken fajita bar.
Grab your favorite tortillas, homemade or store-bought guac (this is my all-time favorite guacamole recipe), salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese then slide the sheet tray onto the counter and let everyone build their dream fajita meal.
You’re eating the rainbow in every bite, and the leftovers taste just as great on day 2, especially when transformed into quesadillas with plenty of shredded Mexican-blend or cheddar cheese.
And if you’re looking to complete your Mexican feast, don’t forget Peach Sangria Popsicles for a beverage-slash-dessert and the fan favorite Easy Homemade Churros with Chocolate Sauce as a dunkable sweet finale!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Tortillas, guacamole, salsa and cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease it with cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken, peppers and onions into 1/2-inch strips then add them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic powder, ground cumin, paprika, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle the chicken, peppers and onions with the olive oil then sprinkle on the seasoning and toss until well mixed. Arrange the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve the fajitas with tortillas and your choice of toppings, such as guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.