Whip up a deli counter favorite from the comfort of your kitchen with this fast and fresh recipe for Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad.
Ready to taste the rainbow? If big, bold salads centered around cheesy carbs are your thing, then allow me to introduce you to your new BFF: Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad.
But perhaps tortellini’s greatest role of all time is in the no-longer-humble, deli-inspired chilled pasta salad.
You know the dish I’m talking about? It’s the answer to every summer potluck conundrum. Usually, it’s scooped up by the quarter-pound, packed haphazardly into a clear carton and tucked into a cooler for later consumption.
Now you can switch up the flavor profile of this side dish staple with whatever veggies are in season, from roasted Brussels sprouts in winter to sweet cherry tomatoes in summer. Then take your pick from any cheese imaginable and toss it all together with a quick-fix red wine vinaigrette.
This tortellini pasta salad can be served warm, room temp or chilled, and it’s best when made a day (or even two!) in advance so the flavors get a chance to really join forces. Ready to make it a meal? Fold in shredded rotisserie chicken and you’ll have a guaranteed dinner winner!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the pasta salad:
- 1 (20-oz. package) refrigerated tortellini (any variety)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup diced cucumbers
- 2/3 cup diced green peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the pasta salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
Make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, minced garlic, sugar and dried oregano. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add the dressing to the pasta salad and toss to combine.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.