Add a spooky snack to your Halloween spread with a quick and easy recipe for Mini Bagel Mummy Pizzas.
It’s not secret that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to create recipes for, from classic Caramel Apples and Pumpkin Cupcakes to Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops and Graveyard Dirt Cups. Now it’s time to add a savory snack to the mix with a recipe for cheesy Mini Bagel Muffin Pizzas.
How to Make Mini Mummy Pizzas
With just four ingredients, this recipe couldn’t be more simple to to assemble. It’s so simple that it also happens to be the perfect activity for the tiniest of trick-or-treaters to assemble all on their own. Now that I have four (!) little ones, I am all about the activities that do double-duty as snacks!
My boys love spooning what they call “the blood sauce” atop the bagels and meticulously tear apart piece after piece of the string cheese, placing them ever so strategically to make the mummy faces.
This recipe is a great classroom activity for kids from preschool into grade school to get them in the Halloween spirit!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 plain mini bagels
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 4 string cheese
- 16 slices black olives
- Arrange an oven rack about 4 inches from the top of the broiler then preheat the oven to "broil." Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Halve the mini bagels and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Divide the sauce among the mini bagels, spreading it into an event layer.
- Slice or shred the string cheese into small pieces then arrange the cheese atop the sauce in diagonal lines. Arrange two black olives next to each other on each bagel half to form the eyes.
- Broil the pizzas until the cheese is melted and the bagels are lightly toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool slightly then serve.
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
I had everything on hand to make these for my kiddos’ lunch today. They loved them and requested them again for tomorrow! Huge hit – thank you!
Yay! I’m so glad you and your kiddos enjoyed the recipe, Kim!