Add a fruity twist to a breakfast favorite with a quick and easy recipe for Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
It was about time we brought this combo into the morning spotlight. Welcome to the party, Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins!
This tried-and-tested recipe uses a basic sour cream muffin batter, which guarantees big points on the moisture front. It’s then dressed up with juicy fresh raspberries and mini chocolate chips, ensuring a bit of fruit and a bit of chocolate in every single bite.
The real highlight here is that this basic batter can be made into any size muffins, from minis to oversize, so don’t hesitate to use whatever pan you’ve got.
Once you’ve whipped together the batter, it’s your choice whether you stick with the raspberry-mini chip combo, or if you want to get creative with other options. All forms of fruit and chocolate chips or chunks (as well as the optional nut addition) would work great in this breakfast staple.Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with muffin wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, oil and sugar on medium speed until well mixed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, then gradually beat in the flour mixture, sour cream and vanilla just until combined. Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tin cups, filling each full.
- Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool slightly in the muffin pan before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.