Skip the oven and satisfy your sweet tooth with a make-ahead-friendly recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Pops!
These festive pops are the confectionery cousin to cake pops and are made with just five ingredients. I repeat: five ingredients!
No-bake desserts come in handy on a variety of occasions, whether you’re trying to beat the heat by steering clear of the oven, or on the opposite side of the spectrum, your oven is on overdrive (hello, holidays!) so you want to free up some valuable real estate during prime oven time.
No matter the reason or the occasion, a quick, no-bake dessert is always a good idea to have in your recipe repertoire. Once you’ve formed your chocolate cookie pops, it’s time for the fun to begin!
Dunk the pops in melted chocolate or candy melts in the color of your choosing. The trick here is that when the cold pops and the warm, melted chocolate meet, the chocolate (or candy melts) will solidify quickly so it’s important to move quickly into the next step…
Decorate the pops with your choice of sprinkles, chopped nuts, toasted coconut or crushed pretzels.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Assorted sprinkles, crushed nuts or toasted coconut flakes
- Lollipop sticks
- Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse them until roughly chopped. Add the cream cheese and continue pulsing until the mixture is well combined and there are no large pieces of cookie remaining.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, squeeze and roll the cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each ball, place them on the baking sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until fully melted. Dip the cookie balls in the melted chocolate then immediately garnish them with sprinkles, crushed nuts or toasted coconut flakes. Return the pops to the baking sheet. Loosely cover and refrigerate them for 1 hour or until the chocolate is set.
- Turn these cookie pops into cookie truffles by serving them sans lollipop sticks.
- This recipe can be easily doubled.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.