Scrambled eggs, buttery toast, smashed avocado and diced veggies are common teammates in the culinary world, but it’s the presentation that transforms this simple dish from an everyday snack to an entertaining slam dunk. Wave goodbye to brunches starring platters of scrambled eggs. It’s time to spruce up your morning meal with a finger-friendly alternative: Quick and Easy Breakfast Bruschetta. Time to cue the candied bacon, bring on the Bloody Marys and get this pajama party started.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 (1-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 3/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and brush it on both cut sides of each slice of French bread. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, then flip them and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes until toasted. Remove the bread from the oven and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chives and pepper.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the butter to the pan, and once it has melted, pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring as needed, until they’re scrambled to your desired consistency.
- Spread a portion of the mashed avocado on one side of each slice of toasted bread. Top the avocado with the scrambled eggs and garnish with the diced tomatoes.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.