I’ve got big news today. Hang on to your chefs’ hats, folks. I’m launching a new perfume line called Eau de Bruschetta Pizza. Call me crazy, but something tells me I’m about to send One Direction’s Our Moment Eau de Parfum in a new direction. And that direction is called “out of business.”
“She finally referenced pizza, perfume and One Direction in the same sentence,” you say. I know, right? Took me long enough. But here we are with my latest and most favorite no-sharing-required creation: Bruschetta Pizza with Balsamic Syrup.
Warm homemade pizza dough is baked and then rubbed with garlic before being sliced and topped with a refreshingly simple mix of diced tomatoes, minced garlic and chopped basil. Finish it all off with a drizzle of sweet and tangy balsamic syrup and then tell me you don’t wish you could bottle the aroma wafting from your kitchen.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 pound store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until it is roughly 12 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. Invert a baking sheet and sprinkle it liberally with cornmeal. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Brush the pizza dough all over with a ½ tablespoon olive oil then bake it until it's golden brown and the crust is crisp around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, mince 1 clove of garlic and add it to a medium bowl along with the diced tomatoes, chopped basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Set the mixture aside.
- Boil the balsamic vinegar and sugar in small saucepan until it has reduced to ¼ cup, about 5 minutes. Set the syrup aside to cool. (See Kelly's Notes.)
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven. Slice the tip off of the remaining garlic clove and immediately rub the cutoff end all over the hot pizza dough.
- Slice the pizza into 6 to 8 slices then spoon the tomato mixture on top. Drizzle the tomato mixture with balsamic syrup, garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- The balsamic syrup will thicken as it cools. Once it has cooled completely, it can be poured into a bottle and kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- If you cook the balsamic vinegar too long, it'll turn into caramel and then eventually taffy. So when in doubt, undercook it, as it'll thicken significantly as it cools.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
I loved this! It was exactly as I envisioned and really hit the spot! Thanks!
You are so welcome, Tonya! I’m thrilled you enjoyed the recipe!
Love this pizza. Such a wonderful dairy free option! Now I can eat pizza
Yay! I’m so thrilled you’ve been enjoying the recipe, Bronwyn!
LOVED the refreshing flavors of this pizza!
Beautiful! I am eating this up with my eyes!
I can’t believe how good this looks.
And I feel bad for comparing you to T.G.I Fridays flatbread, but it goes along those lines for me (and I love their flatbread even though they’re a chain.)
Cannot wait to try this on the family!!
Haha! No worries at all, Laura :) I hope you enjoy the recipe!
this made me smile – cute post andd one happy looking recipe to start my Tuesday :)
Gorgeous. I’d have to make a few of these for our family, because I could eat one of these myself, for sure!
ohh I love bruschetta so so much! this is so genius!
Gorgeous! Love the balsamic syrup addition…just lovely! I would definitely order your new perfume, Kelly! xo
“These are a few of my favorite things!”
This is pizza perfection and I love the balsamic syrup!
This looks perfect! I’m going to need this delivered to my desk, ASAP.
Oh my!! This looks so yummy!!
I love the fresh flavors of this pizza and the balsamic syrup is the perfect topping! Mmm!
I would eat this WHOLE thing. Pure genius!
Mmm, that sounds totally delicious :-) Love the idea of crossing bruschetta and pizza!
I am first in line to buy that perfume – let me know when it hits the store! Until then…I’ll just have to make this myself to experience the aroma..and that is fine with me! This pizza? I need it. I LOVE bruschetta and balsamic. Pinned!
Lovely idea to cross bruschetta with pizza …. still pizza but somehow seems a lot healthier. :-)