A savory favorite takes a turn on the sweet side with a quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Strawberry Bruschetta starring whipped Nutella cream cheese and juicy berries.
What Bread Do You Use for Bruschetta
The ideal bread for bruschetta is one with a sturdy crust that can hold up well to toasting and to topping. I love the flavor and texture of a classic sourdough loaf sliced into 1/2-inch-thick toasts, but a traditional French baguette also works well.
Can You Whip Nutella?
Absolutely yes! The best way to whip Nutella is to combine it with another creamy counterpart, in this case, cream cheese. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors pairs perfectly together and results in a light, fluffy, mousse-like consistency when whipped with either a handheld mixer or a stand mixer.
This quick-fix dessert or sweet snack comes together in minutes, and best of all, it’s totally customizable with whatever fruit looks freshest at your local supermarket. Raspberries, blackberries and even sliced bananas would all be welcome piled high atop these handheld sweets.
Ready for the ultimate sweet twist on bruschetta? Read on for the recipe and get ready to take your dessert game to a whole new level!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/3 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (See Kelly’s Note)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush one side of each of the bread slices with the melted butter and arrange them on the baking sheet buttered side up. Toast the bread until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the toasts from the oven and let them cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. (Alternately, use a bowl and handle mixer.)
- Spread the Nutella mixture atop the toasts then top with the diced strawberries. Garnish with the toasted walnuts and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- To toast walnuts on the stovetop, add them to a small sauté pan set over low heat. Cook, stirring as needed, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.