Bruschetta for breakfast. Bruschetta for lunch. Bruschetta for snack time. Bruschetta for dinner. And now, bruschetta for dessert. Move on over, avocado toast. There’s a new slathered favorite in town, and it stars creamy Nutella, sliced bananas and salted peanuts.
So what makes this sweet bruschetta the best thing since, well, sliced bread? The secret is the touch of melted butter brushed across the tangy sourdough slices before they go for a quick toast in the oven. The result are golden brown, crispy canvases ready and waiting for a topping trio of chocolate spread, fresh fruit and chopped peanuts. And all of that deliciousness will only take 15 minutes of your time. Sweet success indeed.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the loaf of bread into 12 (1-inch-thick) slices. Brush the melted butter on both cut sides of each slice of bread then arrange the slices on a baking sheet. Bake the bread for 5 minutes, flip each slice over and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes until toasted. Remove the bread from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Once the bread has cooled, spread a portion of the Nutella on one side of each slice of toast. Top the Nutella with a few sliced bananas and a sprinkle of the chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
My kids love this as an after school snack.
Nutella is the bestella. I make peanut butter Nutella waffle sandwiches. So yummy.
Anything and everything with Nutella is great. Love your tip to make crunchy canvas!
Looks so delicious! Love it!
Dessert Bruschetta!!! I love this!!! and butter on the sourdough and then the Nutella? perfection!! love this, Kelly!
Holy yum! I want this for breakfast.
This is my kind of bruschetta! I’m loving the sweet twist and bananas + nutella are perfection together :)
Thanks so much, Medha!
What a great way to upgrade bread/toasts. This would be really nice warm too!
A sweet bruschetta? What a delicious idea! Loving the combination of banana and nutella too..
this is so simple, yet so … amazing! I love it!
wow!!! Really neat idea! I love how easy it is too! Going to try this out this week for sure! Thanks for the great post!
This looks amazing, as per usual!!!
Just a heads up though. I think Nutella is missing from the ingredient list :)
Oh boy! Thank you, Tara! Nutella (i.e. The crucial ingredient) has been added :)
Chocolate and banana are one of my ultimate fav combos! This is genius.
Have a great Monday!
Dessert brushetta! Now *that’s* my kinda brushetta! :)
I want this for breakfast!! And a snack..holy delicious!