Bruschetta for breakfast. Bruschetta for lunch. Bruschetta for snack time. Bruschetta for dinner. And now, bruschetta for dessert. Move on over, avocado toast. There’s a new slathered favorite in town, and it stars creamy Nutella, sliced bananas and salted peanuts.
So what makes this sweet bruschetta the best thing since, well, sliced bread? The secret is the touch of melted butter brushed across the tangy sourdough slices before they go for a quick toast in the oven. The result are golden brown, crispy canvases ready and waiting for a topping trio of chocolate spread, fresh fruit and chopped peanuts. And all of that deliciousness will only take 15 minutes of your time. Sweet success indeed.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the loaf of bread into 12 (1-inch-thick) slices. Brush the melted butter on both cut sides of each slice of bread then arrange the slices on a baking sheet. Bake the bread for 5 minutes, flip each slice over and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes until toasted. Remove the bread from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Once the bread has cooled, spread a portion of the Nutella on one side of each slice of toast. Top the Nutella with a few sliced bananas and a sprinkle of the chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.