Keep it fast and fresh with a 6-ingredient recipe for Quick Bruschetta Chicken starring juicy chicken breasts topped with a refreshing tomato-basil salad.
I’m always on the hunt for easy but impressive ways to transform ordinary chicken breasts into something extraordinary. Fast, fresh and flavor-packed? I’ve got the the answer to our dinner dilemma: Quick Bruschetta Chicken!
Bruschetta has taken on many unique forms around here, from a breakfast staple to a pizza topping (and even a dessert.) It’s safe to say that if it involves fresh tomatoes, basil and some sort of crusty carb, I’ve conquered it.
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken
I’ve kept this one extra-simple with just six basic ingredients and endless options for customizations. For once, I’ve decided to skip the carbs and traded them in for moist, garlicky chicken breast. This chicken is the perfect canvas for that bowl-o-jewels below. You’ll want to make sure to pat the chicken breast dry before seasoning with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
What Ingredients Are in Bruschetta?
Preparing this bruschetta could not be easier. I simply toss ripe tomatoes with salt, pepper and plenty of chopped fresh basil. The quality of your ingredients are of key importance here, so be sure to stock up on some of those juicy tomatoes, flaky sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
You’re welcome to use this topping on grilled, garlic-rubbed crostini for the full carb-driven experience, of course. Could you drizzle in a touch of olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar as well? Absolutely!
What to Serve with Bruschetta Chicken
As simple as the setup is, the flavors couldn’t be more of a powerhouse. Serve up this Bruschetta Chicken on individual plates, or keep it casual on a platter and pile the tomato salad on top. Add a few Parmesan cheese shavings to complete this guaranteed dinner winner!
P.S. If you’re eyeing the accompaniment on the plates below, that’s none other than my all-time favorite recipe for The Best Basil Pesto with my go-to rotini noodles.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- Balsamic syrup, for serving
- Thoroughly dry the chicken breasts then season them with the garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the chicken breasts and cook them for 8 to 10 minutes, then flip them once and continue cooking until they are no longer pink and reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the diced tomatoes and basil with a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Plate the chicken breasts then top them with the tomato mixture.
- Top the tomato mixture with the Parmesan cheese and drizzle with balsamic syrup then serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.