Ready to kick the store-bought frosting to the curb? Then tune in below to learn the simple tricks for how to whip up the easiest-ever buttercream frosting with just four ingredients and in 5 minutes or less.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until it is light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add half of the sifted powdered sugar and beat until combined, then add the heavy cream and continue beating for an additional minute. Add the remaining half of the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Beating the frosting in between each addition of the powdered sugar lightens the color of the frosting and will make it more white in color (rather than yellow).
- If the frosting is too thin, add additional sifted powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time, or if it’s too thick, add additional heavy cream 1 teaspoon at a time until the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!