Pop open a can of store-bought biscuit dough for a 20-minute recipe for Air Fryer Pizza Pockets loaded with marinara sauce, cheese and all your favorite toppings.
Table of Contents
Pizza appears in many ways, shapes and forms around here, from pizza pasta and pizza dip to pepperoni pull-apart bread and even cinnamon rolls made with pizza dough (you need to see those to believe them!). But all it took was a recent recipe that instantly went viral to clue me in to the fact that biscuit dough + pizza toppings + an air fryer is a winning equation!
How Long to Cook Pizza Pockets In an Air Fryer
Once you’ve assembled your pizza pockets with your go-to fillings, it’s time for a quick egg wash and then a hearty sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese. This last step makes these extra, well… extra, but that crispy cheese on top is essential!
The cooking technique here comes down to not preheating the air fryer, as you want the gently rise in temperature to essentially bake the biscuits rather than fry them. So pop your pockets into the basket, crank your air fryer to 300°F and let the 10-minute countdown begin!
More Canned Biscuit Dough Recipes
There’s not much canned biscuit dough can-not do (see what I did there?). If you’re looking to keep the savory train rolling, don’t miss my recipe for Everything Bagel Pull-Apart Bread, which features biscuit balls stuffed with cream cheese. I repeat: stuffed with cream cheese!
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits (8-count)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Assorted pizza toppings of choice
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Separate the biscuits into 8 rounds on your work surface and then carefully divide each biscuit in half to form 16 rounds.
- Arrange 8 rounds on your work surface. Add 2 teaspoons marinara sauce, 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese and any additional pizza toppings into the center of each round.
- Place a second round on top of your fillings, pressing around the edges. Using a fork, firmly crimp together the edges of the pizza pockets.
- Brush the pizza pockets with the egg wash then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange a portion of the pizza pockets in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 300°F and cook the pizza pockets until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza pockets from the air fryer, let them cool slightly then serve.
This post may contain affiliate links.