Ditch the delivery and whip up the ultimate 4-ingredient recipe for Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Without Yeast.
Few things in the kitchen are more satisfying than mastering homemade pizza dough. And if you ask me, few foods are more comforting that a hot, cheesy slice-o-pie.
But pizza perfection doesn’t have to be delivered or defrosted, and it especially doesn’t need to involve a complicated dough recipe that requires hours of proofing. So let’s get this party started with your new favorite recipe for Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Without Yeast!
How Do You Make Pizza Dough Without Yeast?
It all comes down to the perfect mix of four simple ingredients:
- Baking powder
- Olive oil
Add a splash of water and a pinch of salt to the equation and there is no need to reach for that packet of yeast! The baking powder does all the heavy lifting, seamlessly taking the place of yeast.
What’s the Texture of Pizza Dough Without Yeast?
It’s tender, fluffy, chewy and crispy in all the right ways! The first time I skipped the yeast, I was doubtful the pizza dough would have the same bite as the classic yeasted version, but all doubts were erased the second I started kneading this dough.
It’s incredibly smooth and easy to work with. Best of all, it takes just 25 minutes to come together, and that includes a 15-minute resting time.
Do You Bake Pizza Crust Before Topping It?
No need! Rolling the dough to roughly 1/4-inch thick means it’s thin enough to crisp up on the bottom and bake all the way through while it has toppings on it.
So roll out your dough, slather on the sauce and get to work with your toppings of choice.
What Are the Best Pizza Toppings?
I am divided when it comes to the best pizza toppings, but here are my two favorite go-to combinations:
- The Classic: marinara sauce, pepperoni, green pepper, red onion, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a good shake of Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese on top
- Barbecue Chicken: barbecue sauce, grilled chicken, caramelized onions, shredded gouda and mozzarella cheese, and cilantro on top
Ready to ditch the yeast and perfect your homemade pizza skills? Read on for the recipe, and don’t miss more of my favorite ways to use pizza dough with the below recipes:
- Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Cheesy Chicken Pizza Pockets
- Bruschetta Pizza with Balsamic Syrup
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Stromboli
- Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading dough
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the water and olive oil, and using a spatula, stir together the ingredients until combined.
- Lightly flour your work surface then turn out the dough and knead it for 1 minute until it comes together into a smooth ball. (Do not over-knead the dough.)
- Place a damp towel over the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly flour your work surface then roll the dough into a 12-inch circle that’s roughly 1/4-inch thick.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper then top it with your preferred sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is golden brown and reached your desired level of crispiness, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven then slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.