Fire meets fruit in this easy and refreshing recipe for Grilled Peach Sundaes with Boozy Caramel Sauce.
Nothing says “summer” like the flame-kissed flavor of a meal cooked on a grill. While burgers, steaks and chicken might be the first foods to come to mind, I’m skipping the savory and going straight to the sweet stuff with this outrageously easy, and yet simultaneously impressive recipe for Grilled Peach Sundaes with Boozy Caramel Sauce.
I repeat: boozy caramel sauce!
Kick things off by whipping up this silky smooth sundae sauce starring a splash of bourbon, whiskey or any other booze you’ve got stashed in the liquor cabinet.
Set the sauce aside to cool while you fire up those flames!
Fruit, meet fire. And the juicier and sweeter the fruit, the more caramelization you’ll get. So don’t be afraid to pick the softer, super-ripe peaches (or nectarines!).
A few minutes over the flames and the results are as eye-catching as they are delicious. Then all that’s left to do is add a scoop of ice cream inside each halved peach and drizzle on the boozy caramel sauce. Your essential summer dessert is done!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 Tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon, whiskey or other liquor
- 4 medium peaches
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan set over medium heat and cook until melted.
- Stir in the sugar, salt and heavy cream until it’s well-combined then bring the mixture to a boil, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed, and boil it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and bourbon. Set the sauce aside to cool slightly. (It will thicken as it cools.)
- Oil the grill then halve the peaches and remove the pits. Arrange the peaches on the grill, cut side down, and grill until warm and caramelized.
- Transfer the peaches to serving plates, top each with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.