Skip the froyo shop (and all the extra sugar!) in favor of a 4-ingredient recipe for cool and creamy 5-Minute Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt.
Fast, refreshing and healthy? Who knew a single recipe could cover all the dessert bases! To top it all off, you’ll be scooping into your own bowl of DIY froyo in just 5 minutes.
While peaches may be a summer staple, utilizing them in frozen form means this dessert is ready for snacking 365 days a year. Now let’s get to mixing!
Can You Make Frozen Yogurt with Greek Yogurt?
You can use any flavor and fat content of yogurt, and even swap in the Greek variety for additional protein. But because Greek yogurt is thicker than regular yogurt, you may need to thin your froyo slightly with a splash of water or juice.
Can I Just Freeze Yogurt to Make Frozen Yogurt?
It depends on what your definition of “frozen yogurt” is. Technically, yes, you can freeze yogurt to make (literal) frozen yogurt. However, in order to have the swirled creaminess you see here, you really need to purée it in either a blender or a food processor.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen peaches or 4 cups fresh peaches, frozen solid
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or whole)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add the frozen peaches, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- I prefer a more tart frozen yogurt, but you can add additional agave nectar or honey if you want a sweeter-tasting dessert.
Recipe inspired by Eating Well.