Cool off with a crowd-friendly dessert recipe for the best Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas.
Summer is in full swing, and that means my little guys and I are in search of all things frosty (and for Mommy, that includes boozy beverages).
It doesn’t get much simpler or more snack-worthy than Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas.
The secret to whipping up the best-ever frozen bananas is to freeze the bananas both before and after dunking them in your chocolate of choice.
Doing so ensures the bananas are completely frozen and gives the chocolate a solid surface to grab onto. It also firms up the chocolate much more quickly, so make sure you have those toppings ready. And speaking of toppings…
A few of my favorites include:
- chopped nuts
- toasted coconut
- toffee chips
- crushed candies
But don’t stop there! A drizzle of melted peanut butter or chopped bacon would be welcome complements to this frozen treat.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups chocolate chips (milk, dark or white)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted sprinkles
- 8 popsicle sticks, lollipop sticks or sturdy straws
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Peel the bananas and then slice them in half width-wise. Carefully insert a stick into the bottom of each banana and then place it on the baking sheet. Freeze the bananas for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the vegetable oil in a deep metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl of chocolate and set it aside.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer, and one at a time, dip them in the chocolate, smoothing it over the entirety of the banana with a spoon. Immediately sprinkle the banana with the assorted sprinkles and then lay the banana on the wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat the dipping and decorating process with the remaining bananas and then return them to the freezer for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.