Imagine this: You’re staring down your Thanksgiving dessert table piled high with all of your favorite sweets. So what will it be? A slice of pecan pie? Or a brownie? Good news. There’s one less decision to make in life, because now you can have both.
Ever since I discovered the Edges Only brownie pan a few years ago, I’ve been endlessly inspired to transform classic brownies into anything but their signature square shape. That inspiration led to Cheesecake Brownie Bites, Brownies In a Jar, Espresso Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies, and now, Pecan Pie Brownies, served in easily snackable wedges.
The setup is simple: Quick-fix homemade brownie batter is topped with pecan pie filling. Once baked, the two layers melt into one another, creating a crunchy, nutty pecan crust atop a moist, chocolatey brownie base. Ready for a slice?
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
For the brownie batter:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the pecan pie topping:
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans (whole or chopped)
- two (9-inch) round cake pans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease two 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, baking cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso mixed with water, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the sugar and melted butter until well combined, then stir in the flour. Divide the batter equally between the two greased pans, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Bake the brownies for 15 minutes then remove them from the oven and set aside. While the brownies are baking, prepare the pecan pie topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan, stirring over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Immediately pour the pecan pie topping over the brownies, dividing it equally between the two pans. Return the brownies to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the brownie is fully cooked.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to fully cool in the pans. Use a sharp knife to cut around the edges, remove the brownies from the pan, and then slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.