Whether they’re fruit-filled hand pies, cheesecake-stuffed chocolates or caramel-loaded cookies, one thing is certain: The best gifts are edible gifts. And high atop my list of go-to edible gifts is this Quick and Easy Homemade Fudge.
Traditional DIY fudge can be a semi-tricky endeavor, however this shortcut version requires only three ingredients and 5 minutes to make. Best of all, it can be customized with whatever mix-ins or toppings your heart can imagine, from chopped nuts and dried fruit to rainbow sprinkles and toasted coconut.
Want to go the extra mile? Include a splash of homemade vanilla extract for added flavor (and bragging rights!). And don’t forget to round out your edible gifting spread with a few festive homemade holiday lollipops.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (12-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts or toasted coconut flakes, for topping
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with wax paper, leaving a 2-inch overhand on two sides.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract then pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, spread the fudge into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the top of the fudge with your preferred toppings, pressing them lightly into the fudge. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes or until the fudge has hardened slightly.
- Using the wax paper overhangs, lift the fudge out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the fudge into 1-inch squares and serve them immediately or store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.