A classic dip transforms into a crowd-friendly recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip Pasta with Chicken.
I’m a chip and dip kinda gal. Guac? It’s on our dinner rotation once a week. Queso? It’s a slow cooker favorite. And who can forget the sweet stuff? Pumpkin dip for fall, cherry cheesecake dip for summer and chocolate chip cookie dough dip for 365 days a year, oh my!
Basically, if you can ditch cutlery and use a crispy carb and/or crudité as a food-to-mouth vessel, then count me in.
This easy, super cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip Pasta with Chicken is exactly what you’d hope for, and then some.
It’s a giant pot of noodles, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and chicken tossed in a creamy, garlicky spinach sauce that’s made with two whole pounds of fresh spinach.
The rotisserie chicken is an optional add-in, but it makes this comforting mac and cheese (with a twist!) a complete meal-in-a-bowl. Best of all, leftovers are easy to rewarm in the microwave or stovetop and taste just as great on day 2 when the flavors have had even more time to intensify.
Looking for more spinach-artichoke dipspiration? Don’t miss my go-to appetizer: Spinach-Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 pound pasta, such as medium shells or rigatoni
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 (14-oz.) cans cooked or marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup sliced sundried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 pounds fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it until it is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pot then add the sour cream, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, diced chicken and sundried tomatoes then set the pasta aside.
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepot set over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted and most of the liquid has cooked off, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour then add the milk, garlic powder, white pepper and cream cheese, stirring to combine. Continue cooking the sauce, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and the white cheddar cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta mixture, stirring until well combined then serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.