Roasting your own nuts is incredibly easy and gives you the freedom to customize them with your favorite flavors. The brown sugar in my recipe caramelizes the nuts while the cayenne pepper adds a little heat to this protein-packed appetizer. Serve the nuts during a cocktail hour or take a small bag of them with you wherever you go for a quick healthy snack.
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup dry roasted pistachios
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the almonds, cashews, walnuts and pistachios on a large baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the nuts for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- In a large bowl combine the kosher salt, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and rosemary.
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the seasonings.
- Remove the toasted nuts from the oven and add them to the butter and seasonings mixture. Toss thoroughly until the nuts are well coated.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!