Skip the oil and preheat your oven for a family favorite recipe for Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips that are easy, cheesy, crispy and healthy!
You read that right. These crispy coins of veggie deliciousness steer clear of that boiling vat of oil in favor of a blast of heat from the trusty ol’ oven. And the result is the crunchiest, crispiest zucchini chips to ever cross your lips.
One of my all-time favorite hometown restaurants, Manhattan of La Jolla, serves up a deep-fried version of this recipe and they are addicting, to say the least!
But with New Year’s resolutions in full swing, and an attempt to not gain 247 pounds during my second pregnancy (Are frozen Snickers on a daily basis part of a regular diet?), I decided a lighter, healthier alternative was in order.
Consider this recipe your ultimate veggie chip template. While zucchini chips are an obvious and easy version, the swap-ins are endless. Carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, taro root—you name the veggies and we can chip-ify them.
Panko breadcrumbs provide the perfect crunch, while a light dusting of grated Parmesan cheese adds a savory bite. And when it comes to dipping, you are the master of your dunking destiny! Go the classic route with a bowl of warm marinara sauce or cool things off with a creamy yogurt sauce (or slightly more indulgent Ranch dressing).
Ready to skip the store-bought snacks and still indulge those snack cravings? Pass on the greasy potato chips and preheat your oven for hot and crispy Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Add the flour and garlic powder to a large sealable plastic bag then add the sliced zucchini, seal the bag and shake it until the zucchini are well-coated with the flour.
- In a medium shallow dish, whisk together the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a separate medium shallow dish, whisk together the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Shake off any excess flour from the zucchini rounds then dip each into the eggs and then into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it on all sides of the zucchini. Arrange the zucchini on the prepared baking sheets in a single layer.
- Spray the tops of the zucchini rounds with cooking spray (optional).
- Bake the zucchini chips for 20 to 30 minutes, turning them over halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the zucchini chips from the oven and serve them warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.