Football season is winding down, and with the Super Bowl less than a week away, it’s time to kick that football party planning into high gear! I’m lining up my annual favorites (hello, Crispy Baked Asian Chicken Wings!) and adding a few new recipes to the mix, including these Easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders.
This handheld alternative to the Italian comfort food favorite stars juicy breaded chicken topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil, and it’s all piled high atop buttery brioche slider buns.
Breaded chicken cutlets are a mainstay around my home and are often served alongside a big ol’ bowl of salad. This gameday favorite ditches the forks in favor of your fingers and begins by coating chicken breasts in Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs.
Pop the chicken patties into a frying pan and cook them until they’re golden brown and ready for topping with all of the chicken Parmesan essentials, including tangy marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought varieties both work!) and fresh mozzarella cheese.
I’ve swapped the traditional larger slices of mozzarella with halved mini mozzarella balls, often labeled as bocconcini or ciliegine. The polka dot pattern adds a festive flair to the sliders and guarantees a taste of creamy cheese in every bite.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 thin-cut chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 12 mini mozzarella balls, halved (See Kelly's Note)
- Fresh basil
- 8 slider rolls, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut eat chicken breast in half width-wise to form 8 pieces.
- Add the flour to a shallow dish. Add the eggs to a second shallow dish and whisk them with a splash of water. Add the breadcrumbs to a third shallow baking dish.
- Season each piece of chicken with salt and pepper then dredge it in the flour. Shake off any excess flour then dip the chicken in the eggs and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken.
- Coat a large sauté pan with vegetable oil then place it over medium-low heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes on one side before flipping each piece and cooking it an additional 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Top each piece of chicken with a portion of marinara sauce and three halved mini mozzarella balls. Bake the chicken for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Arrange one piece of chicken on the bottoms of each of the rolls, garnish with chopped fresh basil and sandwich with the tops of the rolls. Serve immediately.
- If you can't find mini mozzarella balls at your local grocery store, you can use sliced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.