I’m always looking for new ways to serve shrimp, be it tossed with spicy black spaghetti or doused in a sweet and tangy chili sauce. But the second I spotted the recipe for these Buffalo-style shrimp, I knew I had to fire up the flames and get my grill pan ready.
After a quick sear, the shrimp are tossed in fiery butter sauce before being dipped in cool, creamy blue cheese dressing. The traditional wing preparation takes on a light and fresh flavor, perfect for summertime barbecues or gameday snacking. So grab your grill (pan) and celebrate the Fourth of July with classic American eats.
And get ready for pie-a-palooza on July 5th, as I join Pie Party organizer Shauna Ahern and fellow food blogging pie fanatics in posting all of our buttery, flaky, fruit-filled, chocolate-loaded, nut-topped favorites. A hint: My pie includes a homemade toasted marshmallow topping … stay tuned!
- 2 lbs shrimp (any size), peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium, or alternately, preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Combine the melted butter and hot sauce in a separate large bowl. Set aside.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on how large they are, and then transfer them immediately to the bowl containing the sauce. Toss to coat well.
- Serve the shrimp with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe adapted from Gourmet.