Whip up the ultimate grab-and-go morning meal with a recipe for soft and chewy Healthy Breakfast Cookies loaded with fiber and protein.
If they sound too good to be true, allow me to share why these quick-fix cookies have quickly replaced store-bought granola bars in our house, and just as quickly racked up dozens of rave 5-star reviews.
As the ultimate grab-and-go morning meal, these breakfast cookies are fully loaded when it comes to protein, fiber and potassium. Gone is the flour, and in its place is a textural medley of peanut butter, oats, bananas, dried fruit and chopped nuts. Talk about a powerhouse of superfoods!
Join all of those supercharged ingredients together and the result is a seriously soft cookie perfect for packing in little ones’ lunch boxes or pairing with a cup of coffee for a quick and healthy start to your day.
Looking for more healthy recipes to kickstart your morning? Don’t miss top-rated recipes for Secret Ingredient Smoothies, Quick and Easy Breakfast Bruschetta, Green Juice Popsicles and more quick-fix favorites.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts, such as almonds, walnuts or pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the oats, dried cranberries and nuts and mix until combined. Scoop about 1/4-cup mounds of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet, flattening each cookie slightly. (The cookies will not spread while baking, so you can space them relatively close together.)
- Bake the cookies for 14 to 16 minutes until they’re golden brown but still soft. Remove the cookies from the oven then allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.