Four ingredients and five minutes. Add a homemade waffle cone to the equation and you should go ahead and alert your local ice cream shop that there’s a new dairy queen in town. She’s lean, she’s mean and she doesn’t require an ice cream machine. Behold, 5-Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt.
Let’s face it. It’s about to be bathing suit season. And with bathing suit season comes an entire Internet’s worth of lightened up this and 100-calorie that. While your stash of healthy salad recipes may be booming, chances are it’s slim pickins’ in the healthy desserts department. Now you can skip the ice cream maker, skip the added sugar and spend five minutes food processing your way to the easiest, creamiest homemade froyo to ever cross your lips.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
5-Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or full fat)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add the frozen strawberries, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Kelly's Notes:
- I prefer a more tart frozen yogurt, but you can add additional agave nectar or honey if you want a sweeter-tasting dessert.
- Fresh strawberries can be used in place of frozen, however the fresh strawberries must be frozen solid.