Tacos, meet pizza. Pizza, meet tacos. Now that everyone is acquainted, we can all join forces for one seriously easy and cheesy taco pizza piled high with all of the classic fillings-turned-toppings. Welcome to the part, Pizzaco!
This culinary hybrid combines two of my favorite foods into a meal-in-a-slice that conveniently covers (almost) all of the food groups. Your choice of traditional or whole wheat pizza dough is topped with beans, cheddar cheese and ground chicken, which is sautéed with spices and lime juice for added zing. After a quick bake in the oven, the pizza collides with the classic taco fillings, including shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced onions and a final drizzle of sour cream. But much like tacos (and pizza), the variety of toppings is endless, so feel free to get creative with additional accompaniments such as guacamole, salsa and hot sauce.
Preheat your oven and find inspiration for more quick and easy pizzas, with recipes for 30-Minute Barbecue Chicken Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread, Cheesy Chicken Pizza Pockets and more ways to ditch the delivery!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the ground chicken, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and lime juice and cook, breaking apart the chicken, until it is cooked throughout.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll the pizza dough until it reaches about 12 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. Liberally cover a baking sheet (or pizza stone) with cornmeal then transfer the dough onto the baking sheet. Spread the refried beans on top of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Alternately sprinkle the chicken and cheese on top of the beans then bake the pizza for 10 to 12 minutes until crust is fully baked and golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top it with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions and sour cream. Slice and serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.