I’m forever on the hunt for new quick and easy breakfast ideas. And while I’m all for a fruit-filled indulgence in the early morning hours, there are times when you need something a bit heartier. This simple recipe for Cheesy Baked Egg and Bacon Boats is the answer to all of your hectic weekday breakfast and lazy weekend brunch conundrums.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use a sharp, serrated knife, cut a large "V" shape in the top of the bread without cutting all the way through the bottom. Scoop out the inside of the bread.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper then whisk in the bacon, cheese and 1 tablespoon of chives. Pour the mixture into the loaf of bread. Place the loaf on a baking sheet and bake it for about 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon chives then cut the loaf into slices and serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.